Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife Supervisor
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: 208 working hours per month and flexibility is required
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running an ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the KofarSauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including four in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, GubiMagaria and Riko) and one in Katsina City (KofarMarusa).
- Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, according to MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high-quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring teamwork and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the ObsGyne MD and following the protocols.Understand the project in its wholeness; consider also the electrical system, the water and sanitation.
- In collaboration with the HP and External Activities Team, being responsible for Insuring availability of Daily Health Education on SV, and Menstrual disorders and Family Planning topic among the Malnourish patients caregivers in Kofar Sauri and Turai ITFCs.
- Being responsible for ensuring continuity of services 7/7 days by Doctors covering gaps anytime the Midwife is absent.
- Being responsible for the Daily Cleaning of environment and materials inside the ward.
- Being responsible for ensuring that good quality of care is given to Malnourished caregivers SV Survivors and all the consultants, and Confidentiality as well, addressing the chronical cases to other facilities.
- Being responsible of ensuring patients are receiving the care, MSF Protocols are respected and Appointment for Follow up is given to patients after consultation.
- Insuring the good maintenance and proper management of Materials, Drugs and Bio-medical equipment’s.
- Being responsible of Daily update of activities within the wards to the Medical activity manager.
- Being responsible for proper Documentation of activities in Daily bases inside Registers and PRAXIS.
- Being responsible to Establish / Maintain a good Teamwork with HP Team and other departments(Family Planning, Psychosocial support…) to prevent the cercle of new malnourished child from the same caregiver.
- Being responsible to Maintain good Networking with other Partners(We Girls, Maries Stopes, Gender Office, Institute of Human Virology of Nigeria).
- Being responsible to facilitate/ Provide access to SAC and Family Planning Services and record the Data in the appropriate document.
- Being responsible for Weekly Data collection and Analysis in collaboration with the Medical activity manager, and able to early identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Being able to raise up any challenge to Medical Activity Manager regarding activities (Shortage)and anticipate also Being responsible for Organizing quarterly Training/ Refresher on SV to create more awareness.
- Being responsible for Setting Weekly Priorities in collaboration with HP Team, and sharing with Medical activity manager
- Being Responsible to participate to any existing SV Cluster and Plan Monthly visit to Partners.
- Being able to Plan Monthly Departemental Meeting with Doctors and HP Team to share achievements, weaknesses and Following Month plan and share with Medical Activity Manager.
- Being responsible for Monthly Inventory and Request for Pharmacy and Logistic Items.
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- Education: Diploma of Midwife (or any Diploma recognized in the country and /or the Ministry of Health to practice as such)
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience as Midwife.
Essential, local language commandment desirable, mission working language (English).
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Stress Management L3
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2023 (5pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Candidates please submit your CV with Cover Letter and required diploma at with the above link.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation