Helen Keller International (HKI) - Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Intern
Locations: Adamawa and Katsina
Technical Supervisor(s): State Team Lead
To support the Project’s M&E system in the State office.
Summary of Key Expectations
The key expectations of the M&E Intern’s position are to support the M&E Officer/Associate in ensuring that Helen Keller Nigeria’s M&E system within the state is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building, M&E systems strengthening to Helen Keller supported activities.
- Support the project in monitoring and supervision of project activities in all endemic LGAs using WHO guidelines.
- Provide supportive data validation and collection in all endemic LGAs
- Support the M&E Associate in data entry, cleaning and reporting.
- The M&E intern will support the unit in ensuring high data quality to meet donor expectation and global best practices in alignment with state/national NTDs elimination and control goal.
- Support proper documentation and safeguarding of NTDs data as required by the project.
- Support the NTDs Project in exploring the opportunities to improve data collection process using national tools
- Any other Duties assigned by the supervisors.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Sciences, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- 1 year hand-on monitoring & evaluation position experience
- Extensive experience in cascaded trainings, monitoring and reporting of mass campaigns in Nigeria
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills.
Terms & Conditions:
This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letters and Resume to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above