To All NVMA State Chapter Chairman,
Deans of Faculties of Veterinary Medical Medicine,
Directors of Veterinary Services of Federal/State
Departments/Research Institutes and Agencies,
The Registrar, Veterinary Council of Nigeria,
All Associate / Affiliate Members of NVMA.
NVMA 2020 NATIONAL CONGRESS: MATTERS ARISING
The National Executive Council (NEC) was in receipt of a directive from the Board of Trustee concerning the forthcoming NVMA 2020 National Congress (Edo 2020).
To this effect, the BOT noted as follows:
- The reported NCDC’s National measures to contain the spread and minimize the effect of COVID-19 pandemic as the right and timely prescription for safety and wellbeing of Nigerians.
- Couple with the above scenario, the apparent reported lack of clarity and heated political atmosphere in Edo State in respect of the forthcoming 2020 gubernatorial election which is definitely worrisome and demands for cautions for all concerns.
Therefore, as a doctrine of necessity, the NVMA BOT has no hesitation to direct as follows:
- Edo 2020/NVMA annual Congress be suspended this year with immediate effect.
- That if situations improves, 2021 Annual National Congress be held in Edo State, same venue and time.
- The BOT further directs that the present Exco of the NVMA headed by the Acting President should continue in office till October, 2021 when a substantive National Executive will be formally elected into office.
Kindly be assured of the NVMA BOT’s esteemed regards and best wishes in the conduct of your cherished duties and responsibilities always.
Dr. Oladotun E. Fadipe