mDoc is a digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutritionist
Employment Type: Full Time
- In this full-time position, you will be a part of the team cohort providing self-management support services to patients via our innovative self-management model. You will work closely with the executive team, business leaders across the company and markets and other teams.
- Along with the mDoc leadership team, you will cultivate an environment reflecting the values of mDoc Healthcare, including integrity, quality, respect for our members and team members. Providing optimal member-centred care and experience is of critical importance to mDoc so we are looking for people who embody this in mind and action.
- You must be data-driven or willing to be data-driven such that you are looking constantly at your member needs, responding to them and also looking at population-level data and coming up with ideas on how to drive continued engagement and adherence.
- Evaluate the dietary needs of a client by assessing their health and exercise levels, sleep and food habits etc.
- Clarify information to clients and explain the effects of nutrients on overall health condition
- Offer counselling and suggest positive alterations in nutrition to address clients dietary restrictions
- Create full and personalized nutrition plans that promote healthy lifestyles
- Set clear objectives and provide support to clients to help them in their progress
- Conduct scientific research to expand field related knowledge such as the impacts of nutrients, the benefits of diets to body's functions etc.
- Write and publish articles to educate the public
- Make presentations on a variety of topics such as how nutrition affects performance in sports, schools etc.
- Join a clinical team to provide support to our members
- Work with members on how to lead a healthier lifestyle while taking into consideration the clinical and socio-economic context of the member.
- Conduct baseline assessments of member nutritional needs.
- Provide technical and coaching level support to providers and members while adhering to quality control practices
- Engage in and contribute to improving the skills and knowledge of health workers and people as relates to nutrition by attending and contributing to discussions during the monthly ECHO sessions.
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for self-disciplined, flexible nutritionists or registered dieticians who are willing to join and contribute to a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Specific qualifications include:
- B.Sc or advanced Degree (or equivalent) in Human Nutrition and/or Dietetics
- Currently, a Registered Dietitian with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in nutrition programs, at the facility or public health level
- Deep knowledge of nutritional assessments, nutritional planning and clinical nutrition-related data
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies is desirable but not required
- Understanding of NCDs
- Empathy and patience
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with professionals and with patients.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the Documents below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A 1-2 paragraph response in your email indicating why this job is compelling to you.