PCN-MANDATORY CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (MCPD) PROGRAMME – INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
- The PCN-Mandatory Continuing Professional Development (MCPD) programme is a re-certification programme developed by PCN for Pharmacists, aimed at keeping them abreast of current trends and developments in the pharmaceutical landscape as well as global best practices.
- Its main objective is to update the knowledge and skills of pharmacists for continued professional competence to offer services for which they are licensed.
- A cycle of MCPD runs for five years and is developed into three modules. Each module consists of various courses tailored towards different areas of pharmacy practice.
- Each module carries a maximum of 10 CREDIT UNITS.
- ELIGIBILITY: A Pharmacist becomes eligible to undertake PCN-MCPD Five Years Post-Graduation and is expected to obtain a total of Thirty (30) Credit Units to qualify for re-certification.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERY ELIGIBLE PHARMACIST IS EXPECTED TO COMPLETE ALL THREE MODULES DURING THE RE-CERTIFICATION PERIOD IRRESPECTIVE OF YEAR OF GRADUATION.
ALSO NOTE THAT RE–CERTIFICATION IS ONCE EVERY FIVE YEARS AND NOT ANNUALLY.
Both the Classroom and Online format of the programme are available.
(See link: www.pcnmcpd.com)
Find below step-by-step guidelines on how to undertake MCPD online, how to check MCPD status, and also PCN-MCPD Exemption List.
For further enquiries and assistance, please send a mail to [email protected].
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO UNDERTAKE MCPD ONLINE
- To access the online MCPD Platform, visit pcn.gov.ng and Click on the MCPD online service.
- Click on LOG IN.
- Enter your 6-digit PCN Registration Number.
- Enter your password: Default password is your surname in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Click on START COURSE SELECTION to start selecting your preferred topics.
- Once you make up to the required 10 points, you can proceed to pay using REMITA (please note that each module is N20,000)
- Upon successful payment, click to return to the dashboard.
- Proceed to study the material. After completion, take the test.
- Upon successful completion of all selected courses, you will be prompted to download or print your certificate.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO CHECK YOUR MCPD STATUS
- Access the MCPD Platform by logging in to pcnmcpd.com
- Sign in by entering your 6-digit PCN Registration Number and default password (Surname in UPPERCASE)
- You will be immediately re-directed to your MCPD dashboard where you can view the modules you have completed.
PCN-MCPD EXEMPTION LIST
- President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Chairman, PCN
- PSN President
- Director, Food and Drug Services, FMOH
- Serving Ministers
- Members of the National Assembly (Senate and House of Representatives)
- Speakers and Deputy Speakers of the State Assemblies
- Governors and Deputy Governors of States
- Members of State Houses of Assembly
- State Commissioners
- Registrar, Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN)
- Director-General, NAFDAC
- National Coordinator, National Programme on Immunization (NPI)
- Permanent Secretaries at States and National Levels
- Director-General, NIPRD and other DGs
- Ambassadors and High Commissioners
- Local Government Chairmen
- Those exempted from paying for annual licences (more than 40 years post-graduation experience and 65 years of age and above)
- Deans of Faculties
- Secretary-General, WAPCP
- PSN National Secretary
- Other Pharmacists on National Assignment as Approved by Council
Note: The exemption privilege ceases with the exit of any affected above listed from office.