Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 44 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe. We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods and Social Protection.
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by FCDO, ECHO, GAC, BHA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, AFD, SIDA and GFFO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full-time
Reporting to: Pharmacist
Proposed start date: November 2023
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of a Pharmacist Assistant, who will be responsible to ensure the storage and management of medical stocks in the pharmacy-base according to ACF rules, and support the programme team in pharmacy supervision in health centers.
- Physical integrity of the premises: secure openings, no water damage, no roof or wall cracks, no rodents, etc;
- Hygiene of the premises: regular cleaning of the floor and shelves, refrigerator maintenance, no sweet food or beverages, etc;
- Registration of all movements of stock on the Inventory Sheets,stockcards and computer stock tracking tool (SFUMed);
- Conduct a monthly physical inventory according to the procedure of ACF and the Chronogram of the pharmacy activities defined;
- Record any medical item entry and exit in stock cards on weekly basis;
- Do the weekly/monthly drugs inventory;
- Report discrepancies and general consumption issues to the pharmacy supervisor;
- Quarantine obsolete and damaged products and put them in a secure place;
- Work with program team to amend drug and stock quotas on a weekly basis to prevent exceptional ordering;
- Responsible for inventory and replacement of all emergency boxes – following the schedule for these;
- Remove the expired stock items (physical and virtual) and list them;
- Prepare the order based on the validated SROs;
- Complete the transfer tools (Delivery Note, SFUMED, etc.);
- Archiving all the management tools;
- Supplementing the monthly pharmacy report and to deliver it to these hierarchical and functional superiors.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy;
- Experience in stock management;
- Fluency in spoken and written English language. Hausa language is desirable;
- Strong work ethic: punctuality, responsibility and flexibility;
- Strong sense of organization and attention to details;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- High level of motivation;
- Computer skills (Microsoft office);
- Work experience in INGO setting will be an added advantage;
- Experience in a pharmacy supply for hospital projects.
Benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.