SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Environment Engineer - M/F
Location: Nigeria (TBC)
Contractual Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed-term-contract
Contract Duration: TBC
- Work with the Ubeta Project to assist in achieving all relevant environmental objectives in line with the Project HSEQ Policy and Total Energies environmental goals.
- Monitor progress of all Project environmental activities and provide recommendations to sustain or to improve the system.
- Provide technical support and assistance directly to the Project Contractors and subcontractors in planning and executing field activities in accordance with the Project and Affiliate environmental requirements.
- Help develop and implement the project-level environmental inspection program that meets the requirements of ISO 14001 and the Affiliate.
- Obtaining and maintaining plans, permits and standard operating procedures
- Champion the preparation and obtaining various environmental permit applications from regulators.
- Serve as a technical advisor on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory applicability.
- Develop applicable environmental procedures and solutions for the Project.
- Ensure the issuance and full implementation of Company, Contractors and Sub-Contractors approved waste management plans and environmental documents
- Provide assistance to project and construction management in identifying and complying with project environmental procedures and in addressing environmental issues as they arise during project execution.
- Provide systems technical evaluation for Project Environmental activities
- Lead the execution of Project Reforestation+ exercise and other Company CFR and Biodiversity initiatives in the Project.
- Prepare and carry out environmental awareness training programs for the Project personnel.
- Conduct environmental compliance inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with environmental requirements including contractual commitments, ESIA, CESMP and all environmental permits
- Carry out audits of environmental compliance implementation (compliance with contract, CESMP, ESIA & EMS).
To all Total Energies Affiliate and Project rules and regulations with particular interest to the Company HSE management system.
- Familiarize self with TEPNG emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely and report any incident, unsafe act, or operation
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring.
- To fully comply with office security, health, and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose ways of improvement.
- To take care of colleagues’ safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his/her own input and making sure the workplace is safe (clean and tidy)
- To participate actively in anomaly reporting
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria
- Bachelor's Degree at minimum; Mechanical / Chemical / Civil Engineering; Environmental, Geological or Biological Sciences, Occupational Health
- Master's Degree in Environmental related study will be an advantage
- Professional Experience (number of years): 15
- Experience within project : (number of years): 10
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, environmental engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of environmental sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of national and international environmental laws/regulations and regulatory/resource agencies’ permitting processes and responsibilities, industry standards for environmental compliance (ISO 14001), and best management practices for minimizing potential environmental impacts during project execution
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of environmental subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in environmental monitoring and compliance inspection during construction.
- Experience of implementing 3rd Party verified ISO 14001 EMS on a major oil and gas project including pipeline construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and waste management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing environmental programs, budgets and staff) and field environments (e.g., construction execution) performing the responsibilities listed above.
English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: