The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Advisor
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Public Health Advisor will be responsible for monitoring outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency and promote public health program in project communities.
- Responsible for carrying out and promoting public health program activities in the project communities.
- Provide trainings and creative COVID19 preventive awareness programs to project beneficiaries.
- Provide advice, assistance, and/or consultation on public health programs in target states and communities
- Identify public health problems and issues as they relate to unsafe or ineffective use by beneficiaries or health professionals.
- Advise public health personnel and program staff on program policies, procedures, and activities
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc in Public Health, Science, Social Science, Management or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience in implementing, managing or monitoring public health and livelihood programs
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service and livelihood programs
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- INGO work experience preferred.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.