A leading full boarding International School in Lagos requires the services of an individual for immediate employment in the position below:
Job Title: Resident Medical Officer (Female)
Location: Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Undertake patient consultations and physical examinations
- Conduct regular patient check-ups, diagnose any ailments, monitor and administer medication, assess and plan treatment requirements and write reports and maintain records.
- Promote whole school health education by conducting health talks and refresher training on First Aid/CPR/AED to certified members of staff
- Conduct such special medical examinations on students as may be indicated or required after referrals by the classroom teacher, the school nurse, or the house parent.
- Examine and/or approve annually all students participating in inter-house athletic activities and sea school before participation
- Examine members of staff and new hires as required and provide report on their suitability for employment or continued employment
- Work with the VP (Pastoral) on medical issues and public health information programs and procedures
- Serve as a liaison with student’s private physicians as required
- Assist in the development and implementation of medical practices and procedures in the School
- Coordinate and manage the testing of the school water system to ascertain the quality and advise the school appropriately
- Refer patients to specialists and consultants after giving first aid treatment.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the line manager.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- MBBS Degree from an accredited school and licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Higher degree e.g. MPH, MHA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience preferably in a school
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Problem solving and effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.