Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior MEL Manager - Nigeria IHP
Reference ID: req13392
Project Overview and Role
The Integrated Health Project (IHP) aims to strengthen local capacity and systems to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary healthcare.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements a framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning, and development effectiveness that will measure and report IHP success in Ebonyi.
- Provides leadership and technical oversight, support, and direction on performance monitoring and evaluation at the state, LGA, facility, and community levels;
- Leads analyses of results and ensures that lessons learnt and best practices are captured, synthesized, reported, and disseminated;
- Collaborates with IHP Ebonyi technical teams to ensure lessons learnt, and best practices are incorporated into ongoing interventions and innovative approaches;
- Leads development, dissemination, and application of M&E processes and tools in Ebonyi;
- Responsible for oversight of data collection and information management processes, to ensure overall data reliability, consistency, and quality.
- Reports directly to Ebonyi IHP Director with technical oversight from IHP MEL Director.
- The State level Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager must be a proven leader in the field, with senior-level experience in the management of MEL for public health programs.
- The Manager will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in implementing project-level M&E and MIS for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S/he should have experience with complexity aware monitoring and demonstrated experience in promoting the use of data for decision-making.
- S/he must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs. Additional qualifications include:
- Degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for complex health and/or development projects.
- Experience with USAID/global indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ACCESS, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar).
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience conducting analysis of large data sets, data management and data use skills.
- Experience working with government partners, USAID, other donors, and implementing partners.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: