We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer - Software Development
Job Code: SIU ABJ 0028
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Senior Officer Software Development under the supervision of the Director Strategic information will assist the development, implementation, supervision, and data use of all organization’s electronic information systems at facility, zonal and country office levels.
- S/he will ensure that all electronic information systems meet intended reporting and data output requirements for donors and GoN.
- S/he will provide technical assistance for the development and implementation of a systematic data analysis process of data outputs from the electronic information systems, carrying out advanced statistical analysis and preparing scientific papers for publication in relevant peer reviewed journals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for the design and content development for electronic information systems (LAMIS, NOMIS, NMRS, mobile NMRS, and any other organization software or database tools) used for M & E.
- This function will include assisting the software programming team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M & E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- Ensure that the software and database tools developed meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donors/GoN.
- Provide technical assistance for the development and implementation of a systematic data analysis process of data outputs from the electronic information systems.
- Enhance the organization’s Research and Public Health Evaluation activities in Nigeria, with an emphasis on generating new knowledge using existing program data captured in the electronic information systems by conducting advanced data analysis to further research, surveillance and public health evaluation goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and supervise the deployment of the electronic information systems to new sites.
- Participate in the development and/or adaptation, monitoring of use and modification of M&E tools, Standard Operating Procedures, and Data flow processes and procedures.
- Conduct assessments of health informatics environments, synthesize pertinent information, identify implications for planning and development, and provide recommendations to the organization management.
- Oversee and perform routine monitoring visit to project sites operating electronic information systems.
- On a monthly basis, analyze site specific and state-level data and provide reports to national office and local partners.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donor guidelines.
- Represent the organization and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation research.
- Remain informed of current issues regarding monitoring and evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI fields by review of current literature; is alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD or similar degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Information Management or Medicine (strong background in epidemiology, biostatistics, or M & E) with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- MPH / MBA / MSc or similar degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Information Management (strong background in epidemiology, biostatistics, or M & E) or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Experience working at the national level on health programs with knowledge and experience with data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, and other health programming in developing countries.
- In-depth understanding of THE ORGANIZATION’s research and public health programs and link activities/opportunities in Nigeria to ongoing research and public health evaluation activities in the organization.
- Sound knowledge of M & E, research and surveillance issues.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION, AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. "COM01 Abuja, JOHN BULL".
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as an application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Residents of the Location(s) stated and its environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.