APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Req ID: api-88744
Department: Strategic Information
- The job holder will be a member of the State Team and will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems. Support the setting up of M&E and QA systems at new program sites in the state.
- S/He will provide technical assistance to program sites in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement.
- S/He will share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the state team Lead and monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the state team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation Committees at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end-users.
- Provide technical support to site Quality Improvement Committees to set up and implement internal quality management in collaboration with the State Team.
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen M&E and QA systems at the state level.
- Contribute to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs.
- Contribute to the periodic review of the organization’s quality improvement protocol, in line with national protocol.
- Conduct periodic visits to program sites.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Medical or Pharmacy Degree (MBBS or B.Pharm) or a health-related degree and a minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation.
- An MPH degree will be an advantage.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Must have knowledge of SPSS or STATA or knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilizing checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: