360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction (360HSDC) is a subsidiary of Idmibok International. It is a holistic health development organization bringing expertise and innovative technology to address health-related challenges in the development sector. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities- such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector, we draw on the breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems. 360HSDC has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in tackling the growing incidence of communicable and non-communicable diseases in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer: PMTCT / EID / CSS
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- This will begin as a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on, a long-term contract will be dependent on a successful USAID award.
- Technical Officer will be an HIV/AIDS expert with experience in designing and implementation of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and Cervical Cancer screening services.
- They will also provide high-level technical assistance to field projects as needed, including optimizing system and ensuring quality and accurate data management on the program.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the HIV prevention and testing services with focus on pregnant women and exposed infants and ensuring linkage to treatment at the facilities.
- Facilitate the use of Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) and PCR testing modalities, especially with sample collection methods at the community and facility levels.
- Provision of safe pregnancy and breastfeeding counselling to HIV positive pregnant women and HIV positive mothers.
- Strengthen the capacity of health workers on correct and appropriate documentation on PMTCT/EID and Cervical Cancer screening services for improved services and decision making.
- Provide technical assistance for health facility to streamline HIV testing in order to increase testing rate, case finding and standardize clinical skills to provide quality PMTCT and EID service delivery.
- Provide or assist clinical mentoring session that can be in face to face, webinar or other innovative media to increase health facility technical and program capacity.
- Develop strategy to achieve viral suppression target in consultation with Management and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance for clients’ monitoring adherence to treatment to reduce the risk of drug resistance and HIV treatment failure.
- Ensure the achievement of high-quality results/deliverables in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and performance monitoring plan.
- Facilitate the development and utilization of appropriate quality control and quality assurance systems for all aspects of PMTCT and EID services, including integrated services like Cervical Cancer.
- Monitor PMTCT service activities and identify significant issues, provide recommendations, and support the follow-up implementation to improve the program.
- Conduct frequent technical reviews of performance of PMTCT and EID activities in collaboration with the Program Director to ensure up-to-date high-quality implementation
- Report regularly to the Senior Management on progress and status of PMTCT, EID and Cervical Cancer screening services on the program.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Advanced Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Sciences or a related field.
- At least 6 years of experience in HIV programs with technical expertise in PMTCT, EID and Cervical Cancer screening services.
- Experience in HIV testing services using Differentiated Service Delivery models.
- Evaluation, implementation research, quantitative analysis capability related to PMTCT, HIV/AIDS and Cervical Cancer screening
- Demonstrated capacity building, management and partnership experience.
- Strong data analytical capability to identify performance issues and direct necessary technical interventions
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within state and country as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in English and a native language.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project) and Certificates to: [email protected] using "Technical Officer: PMTCT/EID/CCS" as the subject of the mail.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.