Invitation to A One Day Public Hearing and Presentation of Memoranda on:
- Advance Healthcare Development Fund (Establishment, etc.) Bill, 2020 (SB.371)
- Federal Tertiary Teaching Hospitals Development Tax Fund (Establishment, etc.) Bill, 2020 (SB.136)
- Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (Repeal and Re-Enactment) Bill, 2020 (SB. 480)
- (iv) Federal University of Health Sciences, Otukpo, Benue State (Establishment, etc.) Bill, 2020 (SB. 216)
- National Maternal and Perinatal Deaths Surveillance (Established, etc.) Bill, 2020 (SB. 581)
Asa follow up to the referral made by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to the Committee in respect of the foregoing Bills and in furtherance of best legislative practices of allowing participation by the citizenry in the making of laws for the Federation, the Senate Committee on Health do hereby invite the Stakeholders and the general public to present to it, written memoranda on the aforementioned Bills on or before Thursday, 28th January, 2021.
In order to facilitate the writing of such memorandum the full text of the Bills could be accessed from the National Assembly website www.nass.gov.ng or collected in person from the address below:
Office of the Clerk, Senate Committee on Health, Room - 1-11, Basement Floor, New Senate Wing, National Assembly Complex, Abuja.
All written memoranda in respect of the Bills should be:
- Written in English
- Type in double line space
- Presented in not less than 15 hard copies, a soft copy and addressed
To: The Chairman, Senate Committee on Health, National Assembly Complex, Abuja.
Specifically invited are the following:
- Federal Ministry of Health
- Federal Ministry of Justice
- All Ministries of Health in the 36 States and FCT Secretariat of Health
- All Medical Regulatory Bodies
- All Chief Medical Directors/Medical Directors of Federal Tertiary Hospitals
- Civil Society Organizations
- Nigeria Medical Association (NMA)
- Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN)
- Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU)
- International Donor Organizations/ Development Partners (WHO, UNICEF, etc.)
- National Health Insurance Scheme
- National Universities Commission
- All Other Relevant Medical Professional Bodies/Associations
A One Day Public Hearing on the Bills is scheduled to hold on Monday, 1st February, 2021 by 10:00am at the Senate Conference Room 231, Second Floor, New Senate Wing, National Assembly Complex, Abuja.
For further inquiries, please contact the Committee Clerk on 08033205115 or e-mail at [email protected]
Senator Dr. Ibrahim Y. Oloriegbe