Butren Investment Limited - A hi-tech agricultural investment firm positioned to be a leading Agric-tech organization in Africa is currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Veterinary Doctor
Employment Type: Full Time
The Veterinary Doctor is expected to manage, diagnose and treat the animals on the farm.
- Examine livestock to detect and determine the nature of diseases.
- Treat sick livestock by prescribing medication.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Vaccinate livestock against diseases
- Provide advice regarding sanitary measures, feeding, general care, medical conditions, or treatment options.
- Provide information about diseases that can be spread from livestock to humans.
- Establish or conduct quarantine or testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other livestock or to humans.
- Inspect and test livestock to detect the presence of communicable diseases.
- Train farm supervisors who handle livestock.
- Research diseases to which livestock could be susceptible and advice on preventive measures to adopt.
- Develop medical treatment plans.
- Conduct autopsy and analyses to determine the causes of animals' mortality.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a relevant Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years work experience.
- Piggery Management is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] with "Veterinary Doctor" as the subject of the e-mail.