Lagoon Hospitals have pioneered advanced medical care in Nigeria. From being the first private hospital in the country to successfully perform open-heart surgery to becoming the first hospital in sub-Saharan Africa to earn accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI). We are continually improving to ensure you receive the best treatment possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anesthetic Technician
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible is to provide direct clinical assistance to aneasthetics, safe operational anaesthetic and ancillary equipment in the operating theatre and maintaining a high standard of patient care.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Stocking & preparation of anaesthetic rooms ensuring all rooms and equipment trolleys are stocked in accordance with stocking list for each theatre
- Checking and preparation of anaesthetic machines, intravenous drugs and ancillary equipment including cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of equipment
- Preparation, application and establishment of patients monitoring equipment
- Provide professional, clinical and technical assistance to the anaesthetist during all anaesthetic procedures and other times
- Receiving patients from theatre reception, checking verbally the full names and hospital number with wrist band and ensure the adequate operative consent has been signed consistent with the operation list
- Transferring patients to the operating room and to post-operative care units after procedures
- Assisting with safe positioning of patients
- When required, provide assistance outside the operating theatre in other units like the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, CT Scanning Suite, MRI Unit, or other areas of the hospitals
- Participate in your departmental quality improvement project
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Anaesthetic Rooms to be kept to a high degree of cleanliness
- Sterilization of all anaesthetic equipment
- Incidence reporting and adequate documentation
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards.
- Anaesthetic Technician Certificate
- 1 year post qualification experience is desirable
- Core Competencies:
- Basic Life Support skills
- I CARE attitude
- Team Player
- Attention to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: