A. NOTE: JAMB 'O' LEVEL REQUIREMENT:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has indicated that it would not clear any shortlisted candidate who does not have '0' Level results. All candidate therefore, are advised to visit any JAMB Office or Accredited CBT Centre nearest to them to upload their '0' Level results (WAEC, NECO e.t.c.) on the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
Note that supplying false information will result in disqualification. You are allowed to supply a maximum of two different '0' Level examination results.
Candidates who applied for admissions into Bayero University, Kano in the 2023/2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (UTME) should be screened through an aptitude test.
UTME Candidates must have chosen Bayero University as First Choice and scored not less than the indicated minimum score for various Faculties/Programmes as stated below:
COURSES IN THE FACULTY / CUT - OFF POINT
1. Clinical Sciences (MBBS) - 240 and above
2. Dentistry - 230 and above
3. Pharmaceutical Sciences 230 and above
4. Allied Health Science (B. Nursing) - 230 and above
5. Allied Health Sciences (B. Medical Laboratory Science) - 230 and above
6. Allied Health Sciences (B. Radiography) - 220 and above
7. Allied Health Sciences (Doctor of Optometry) - 220 and above
8. Allied Health Sciences (B. Physiotherapy) - 220 and above
9. Veterinary Medicine - 220 and above
10. Allied Health Sciences (B.Sc. Environmental Health Science) - 200 and above
11. Law - 200 and above
12. Communication (B.Sc. Mass Communication) - 200 and above
13. Earth and Environmental Sciences (Architecture Only) - 190 and above
14. Computer Science & Information Technology (B.Sc. Computer Science) - 190 and above
15. Engineering (B.Eng. Civil Engineering) - 190 and above
16. Agriculture - 180 and above
17. Arts and Islamic Studies - 180 and above
18. Basic Medical Sciences - 180 and above
19. Computer Science and information Technology (Excluding B.Sc) Computer Science) - 180 and above
20. Earth and Environmental Sciences (Excluding B.Sc. Architecture) - 180 - above
21. Education - 180 and above
22. Engineering (Excluding B.Eng. Civil Engineering) - 180 and above
23. Life Sciences - 180 and above
24. Management Science - 180 and above
25. Physical Sciences - 180 and above
26. Social Science - 180 and above
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Step 1: Login - At the homepage of the Bayern University websitewww.buk.edu.ng click on 2023 UTME ONLINE SCREENING EXERCISE
Step 2: Profile Update -UTME candidates can login using UTME Registration Number as username and UTME aggregate score as password.You should then fill-in the provided form noting that the photograph uploaded from JAMB will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in Bayero University, Kano.
Step 3: Generation of BUK PPI - Generate and download your Personalised Payment Invoice (PPI). The invoice will come with Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) for the sum of N2,000.00 being cost of screening. Applicants have an option of paying online using Credit/Debit Card, Internet Banking, or printing the invoice and using it to pay at any Commercial Bank nationwide. Note that after successful online payment, acknowledgement slip can instantly be generated and printed. In case of bank payment, the payment have to be processed by the candidate using the provided "check your payment" button on the site, before acknowledgement card can be printed.
The online registration will commence on Monday, 20th November, 2023 and close on Sunday, 7th January, 2024. However, printing of acknowledgement slip will continue up to midnight of Sunday, 14th January, 2024.
Date, Venue and Time of the BUK Aptitude Test will be communicated to you using the phone number and/or e-mail address (on the JAMB registration) you supplied in the form you filled-in.
Note that blind and foreign candidates are exempted from the aptitude test. However, they need to do the online registration.
If you have any inquiry or encountering any difficulty, write to the email provided on the portal.
ANY CANDIDATE WHO FAILS TO REGISTER FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE WITHIN THE STIPULATED DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Amina Umar Abdullahi