Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multi-specialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Family Physician
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Role
- The Family Physician who reports directly to the Head of Medicine, will be responsible for providing high-quality medical care by examining patients and treating diseases.
- The incumbent will be responsible for patients' routine check-ups as well as non-emergency medical situations that arise; undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health conditions and discover possible issues.
- Take emergency calls, admit and manage in patients as well as running outpatient clinic
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine patients' conditions.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover the causes of illness.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret lab test results to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities. Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
Education, Certification And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Must have a Postgraduate / Residency qualification in Family Medicine.
- 5 - 7 years work experience.
- Proven experience as a Family Physician.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics.
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medical best practices.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Respect for patient's confidentiality.
- Compassionate and approachable.
- Valid and active medical license
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Employment Medical Screening test will be required for the selected candidate.