The House Committee on Science and Technology hereby invites stakeholders and the general public to a one-day public hearing on the following bills:
- ‘A BILL FOR AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR ESTABLISHMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF A NATIONAL INNOVATION AGENCY FOR THE FACILITATION OF DEVELOPMENT, IMPROVEMENTS, PROMOTION, CO-ORDINATION, EXPLOITATION, COMMERCIALIZATION AND REGULATION OF RESEARCH OUTPUTS DISCOVERIES, INNOVATIONS AND INVENTIONS, TO ENTRENCH RESEARCH AND INNOVATION IN THE ECONOMIC SYSTEM; AND FOR RELATED MATTERS (HB. 872)’.
- ‘A BILL FOR AN ACT TO REPEAL THE NUCLEAR SAFETY AND RADIATION PROTECTION ACT NO. 19 OF 1995 AND ENACT THE SAFETY AND RADIATION BILL, 2020 BY RE-ESTABLISHING THE NIGERIAN NUCLEAR REGULATOR AUTHORITY IN ORDER TO PROVIDE FOR NUCLEAR SECURITY AND SAFEGUARDS; AND FOR RELATED MATTERS (HB. 586)’.
Date: Thursday, 18th March 2021
Venue: House Conference Room 028, Ground Floor, New Building
Expected stakeholders include:
- Federal Ministry of Science and Technology and its Agencies
- Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources
- Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development
- Federal Ministry of Health
- Federal Ministry of Environment
- Office of the National Security Adviser
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
- Nigerian Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- National Atomic Energy Commission
- General Public / Other Interested Stakeholders
For further enquires, kindly contact the committee clerk on 08091318308.
Do accept the Committee’s best regards, please.
Hon. Beni Lar