Lagoon Hospitals have pioneered advanced medical care in Nigeria. From being the first private hospital in the country to successfully perform open-heart surgery to becoming the first hospital in sub-Saharan Africa to earn accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI). We are continually improving to ensure you receive the best treatment possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern Pharmacist
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Internship
- This role is responsible for attending to clients and patients professionally in compliance with standard operating procedures and policies.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Drug dispensing activities
- Provide drug information and advice to other healthcare professionals within the hospital.
- Provide professional service, information, counselling and advice to patients on medicines supplied.
- Stock Management.
- Report dispensing errors and adverse drug reactions.
- Accurate endorsement of prescriptions for billing purposes and appropriate provision of drugs to various categories of patients.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in the pharmacy.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies/adherence to quality standards.
- Review of each prescription or order to ensure the appropriateness of the medication for the patient and his or her clinical needs.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Prompt reporting of dispensing errors and adverse drug reactions.
- Adequate professional record keeping
- Confidentiality and Prompt response to patients’ needs
- Compliance with SOPS / adherence to quality standards
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Certificate of provisional registration with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria
- 1-2 years experience working in a pharmacy.
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills
- Honesty and reliability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to details.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: