Goteh Construction provides a broad spectrum of solution and expertise to the Africa infrastructure sector. This broad capability enables us to offer our stakeholders full range of solutions from Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning as well as Maintenance Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Role / Objectives
- We are recruiting a young and dynamic Laboratory personnel to contribute in the process of planning, designing and execution of projects through construction materials sampling and testing, verification and validation to ensure compliance to project standards and specifications.
Position Overview / Responsibilities
- Collect samples according to the approved quality plan
- Assist in the analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished samples.
- Carry out all construction sample testing, including sieves and moisture analysis of samples.
- Escalate any identified deviations from target quality standards promptly to the QA/QC officer and Project Engineer.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the laboratory operations and maintenance of lab equipment’s and instruments.
- Preparation of periodic lab analysis and activity reports
- Ensure effective housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in any relevant field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ professional experience in civil and building industry.
- Previous experience with the soil tests, concrete tests and bitumen testing (highly regarded)
- Hands-on knowledge of modern laboratory equipment, sampling methods and best practices
- Ability to follow procedures accurately and efficiently;
- Sound computer skills and ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
- A personal commitment to continuous self-development.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV attached with a Passport photograph, Degree Certificate, NYSC Certificate and any other professional / relevant certificates in one (1) email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not comply with the above directives would be disqualified.