ENHANCED ENTRY POINT FOR NURSING OFFICER CADRE SGL. 10 – 17 FOR B.SC NURSING
1. The National Council on Establishments (NCE) at its 4310 Meeting held from 24th to 28th January. 2022 at Abuja. FCT, approved the entry Grade Level for Nursing Officers into the Nigerian Public Service from SGL 09 to SGL 10 with effect from 28th January. 2022.
2. To qualify for the Nursing Officers cadre, the candidate must have undertaken:
i. A five years undergraduate studies for the award of B.Sc Nursing;
ii. One year Post Graduation Internship;
iii. One year Notional Youth Service Scheme; and
iv. Registered and licensed to practice nursing by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
3. The Nursing Officer cadre is structured as follows:
i. Senior Nursing Officer/Senior Nursing Tutor - Grade Level 10
ii Principal Nursing Officer/Principal Nursing Tutor - Grade Level 12
iii Assistant Chief Nursing Officer/Assistant Chief Nursing Tutor - Grade Level 13
iv Chief Nursing Officer/Chief Nursing Tutor - Grade Level 14
v Assistant Director (Nursing) - Grade Level 15
vi Deputy Director (Nursing)/Director (States) - Grade level 16
vii Director (Nursing) - Grade Level 17
4. This approval shall be reflected in the subsequent edition of the Schemes of Service.
5. The contents of this Circular should be brought to the attention of all concerned for compliance.
Dr. Folascade Yemi-Esan
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation