Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Full-Time Medical Image Processing / X-Ray Technician Training Programme for 2022/2023 Academic Session at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife.
MEDICAL X-RAY DARKROOM TECHNICIAN TRAINING PROGRAMME
The objective is to produce Middle Level Personnel to assist Radiographers in the provision of efficient services.
The programme is designed to equip suitably qualified persons with the requisite knowledge through training to carry out basic maintenance of auto-processor, accessories like cassettes, screen mounting appreciation and elimination of artifacts, management of waste products, processing solutions, simple X-ray techniques etc.
BENEFITS OF THE TRAINING
I.) Employment in institutions having X-Ray installation
II.)Direct entry admission to study Radiography in Nigeria Universities
RECOGNITION AND APPROVAL:
The course is recognized and approved by the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria. The Nomenclature for the graduate of the Programme is Medical Image Processing /X-Ray Technician.
The programme lasts for Three (3) Calendar years for freshers and Two (2) Calendar years for Post Assistant candidates.
- Basic Qualifications for Freshers
- Applicant must have five (5) Credits, at not more than two (2) sitting in WAEC/NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics and any two from Physics, Chemistry and Biology plus any other subject.
Post Assistant Qualifications:
Holder of Darkroom Assistant Certificate in Medical Darkroom Practice of the Institute of Radiographers of Nigeria, plus the requirements stated in (4) above shall be admitted for two (2) years duration to complete the Medical Image Processing Technician Programme.
The programme is non-Residential
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Application forms for Admission are to be obtained from the Clinical Services and Training Department, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife on payment of Five Thousand naira(N5,000.00) only via Remita.
- Payment should be made into O.A.U.T.H.C’s TSA Recurrent Account via Remita Platform through any Commercial Bank and indicate the purpose of payment as “Admission Form into Medical X-Ray Darkroom Technicians Training Programme”.
- Thereafter, the evidence of payment should be brought to the Head of Department of Clinical Services and Training for collection of admission form.
Completed application forms duly endorsed by sponsors, together with photocopies of relevant credentials should be returned to the office where the forms were obtained on or before August 15th, 2022. Applicant should write his/her functional GSM Phone Number on the application form.
Late collection and submission of form shall attract a fine of N2,000.00 only.
CANDIDATES AWAITING RESULTS
Candidates awaiting O’Level results can apply but the results must be available on the day of the interview.
TEST AND SELECTION INTERVIEW:
Selection for admission will be based on candidate’s performance at a competitive Written Test and Oral Interview to be conducted on Tuesday 30th August and Wednesday 31st August, 2022 at MRI Suite, Radiology Department, O.A.U.T.H.C, Ile-Ife at 10.00am. Candidates are to bring their Original Certificates to the Examination Centre.
Mr. S.O. Fawole
Director of Administration
For: Chief Medical Director