54gene is a health technology company centered on advancing the field of African genomics to unlock scientific discoveries as well as improve diagnostic and treatment outcomes within Africa and the global community.
Founded in 2019, 54gene utilizes human genetic data derived from diverse African populations, to improve the state of healthcare through large-scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and inclusive clinical programs. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of precision medicine for Africans and the global population, by bridging the global health disparity gap.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physician Support Representative
Department: Medical affairs
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Clinical Lead
- We are seeking highly-motivated individuals to join our team at 54gene.
- Candidates must be willing to join a dynamic environment, willing to learn quickly, and have strong clinical knowledge.
- Candidates are required to be excellent communicators and able to analyze critical information efficiently.
- Candidates should be flexible and have the capacity to execute tasks to a high standard.
- Supporting role for marketing diagnostics services
- Provide clinical support to physicians for all laboratory services
- Proficiency in medical expertise
- Possess adequate clinical knowledge about medical conditions for which diagnostic services are offered
- Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Analytical skills- Ability to analyze and problem solve in an efficient manner
Education & Certifications:
- Post graduate experience in science related field advantageous
At least 4 years of post graduate clinical /medical experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Adequate clinical knowledge and application of diagnostics in disease areas such as oncology, fertility, prenatal screening.
- Clinical application and interpretation of microbiology and clinical chemistry tests
- Basic knowledge of genomics
- Clear and flexible verbal, written and telephonic communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, versatile, adaptable and take initiative
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences, internally and externally
- Ability to successfully collaborate cross-functionally with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of medical office principles, standards, applications and tests offered within our diagnostics business
- Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical equipment in lab
Willingness to travel if required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.