- Successful and documented completion, if applicable of National Youth Service Corps responsibilities (or certified exemption)
- At least 3 years post qualification Radiography experience in a teaching or other major hospital or recognised radiology service provider
- Previous experience working with CT and/or MRI scanners will be added advantage
- Attentiveness & a good listener
- Flexibility and openness to change;
- A commitment to assuring high standards and strive for a patient centered service;
- Articulate and audible in patient communications.
- Able to respond positively to patient disappointments and setbacks
- The ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner.
- Implementation of policies and tasks specified by those to whom he/she reports to, including assisting with some administration of Radiology and other delegated tasks, and suggesting any improvements in services, efficiency or policy.
- Responsibility for checking all safety aspects of the services in Radiology at all times, adhering to all monitoring measures required for safety, implementing necessary changes in consultation with the Chief Radiographer, as well as teaching those reporting to him/her aspects of safety in Radiology, and drawing the attention of his/her superiors to any further requirements to this end.
- Responsibility at all times for the efficient, effective and timely performance of the services in Radiology to high standard, including the delivery of films and reports, if done by employees under the control of Radiology, and which work may include covering that of a colleague who is absent (normally prior agreement, but, when the occasion demands, even without prior agreement).
- The continuing professional and technical education of those reporting to him/her, including the scientific (and basic medical) limitations of examinations and their basic interpretation.
- The promotion, and implementation, of regular quality control of the performance of all radiological equipment, procedures and examinations, as well as any required audit, and research projects agreed with him/her.
- Giving other advice, and technical education as appropriate, to medical and non-medical staff.
- Responsibility for the participation, maintenance and continuous review of systems of keeping good and timely records of all aspects of the work and safety in Radiology (in person, or by delegation.)
- The organisation of day-by-day duties of staff working under him/her.
- Reporting as necessary deficiencies in attendance or performance in the work of others to Chief Radiographer, or Head of Radiology, as well as problems with organisation, equipment or supplies.
- On-call duties as required, including staying overnight in the hospital when necessary.
- To apply, submit your comprehensive CV to the [email protected]
Date of Announcement: October 13, 2022 Deadline: October 31, 2022.