Venia Health and Medical Services (VHMS) Limited is a firm that provides accessible, innovative and world-class healthcare services across Nigeria, taking the lead in the provision of affordable and accessible imaging services to meet the demand in Nigeria and across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
- Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
- Perform diagnostic imaging procedures, such as CT and ultrasound scans.
- Ensure compliance with established safety regulations and procedures when operating radiation equipment to prevent ill exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure the safety of self and patients
- Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients.
- Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
- Operate radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images for diagnostic purposes
- Review and evaluate developed x-rays, videotape, or computer-generated information to determine suitability for diagnostic purposes
- Communicate test results and their diagnosis to a patient's primary physician through a report.
- Take responsibility for radiation safety in the work area, including checking equipment for malfunction and errors
- Keep up to date by attending all relevant training on treatment and equipment.
- Set accurate radiation levels following established standards, and also obtain patient consent before diagnostic imaging to fulfill legal requirements.
- Evaluate patient condition before radiotherapy to determine the suitable radiographic technique for treatment.
- Record and store patients’ examination results, ensuring compliance with Data Protection
- Act and Patient Confidentiality codes
- Develop films and process digital images to obtain high-quality radiographs which are presented for interpretation.
- Seek patients’ cooperation and trust and show compassion.
- Operating technical equipment responsibly and confidently.
- Electronic records (documentation); Produce reports as and when required
- Prepare comprehensive reports of findings.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiography
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps or have an exemption certificate.
- Registration with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria with a valid practicing license.
- Experience in Ultrasound / CT Scanning will be required.
- Good knowledge of sonography will be added advantage.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player and willing to go the extra mile.
- Excellent performance of MRI and mammography will be added advantage, as these services would be added subsequently to our operations.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2021.
Method of Application