The Riverbank School - We are committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavor. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Employment Type: Full-time
The School Nurse would be in charge of the health care and well-being of students and staff ofthe school and also develop and implement health practices aimed at making the school functional and in conformity with global standards.
- Provide health services to strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to student’s learning.
- Identify problems and disabilities and provide such services as case finding, health education, referring, and care in order to help prevent serious health problems and manage current chronic conditions.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Update students’ medical history
- Ensure school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases)
- Write referrals for pediatricians and other health specialists.
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws.
- Conduct routine temperature checks and screenings for all staff and students
- Collaborate and supervise support staff in periodic sanitation and disinfection of offices, classrooms and school area.
- Ensure all students, employees and visitors comply with the school COVID-19 prevention guidelines
- Take medical record of visitors coming into the compound (e-copies) after peak period in the morning
- Supervise the cleaners in the primary school and every office around/within the primary building
- Consult with teachers, school administrators and other school staff regarding student care
- A First Degree in Nursing.
- Must be a registered Nurse (RN) and possess relevant license
- Minimum of 3 years’ cognate experience preferably in a school environment
- Basic knowledge of diverse areas of health including mental health
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.