Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission to the Niger Delta University Basic Studies Programme for the 020/2021 academic session.
The programme is designed to prepare secondary school leavers to increase their capacity to write JAMB examinations for admission to the following Faculties and Departments in the University.
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
- Department of Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology
- Department of Crop and Soil Science
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies
- Department of Animal Science
2. FACULTY OF ARTS:
- Department of English and Literary Studies
- Department of History and Diplomacy
- Department of Theatre Arts
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religious Studies
3. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
4. FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
- Department of Arts Education
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Social Science Education
- Department of Educational Foundations
- Department of Vocational/Industrial Technology
- Department of Library and Information Science
5. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
- Department of Agricultural/Environmental Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering/Hydrology
- Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
6. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Building
- Department of Environmental Management
- Department of Fine and Applied Arts
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
7. FACULTY OF LAW:
8. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
i. Department of Finance & Accountancy:
- Banking &
- Finance Insurance
ii. Department of Business Administration:
iii. Department of Office Information Management
9. FACULTY OF NURSING:
I0. FACULTY OF PHARMACY:
1 1. FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
- Department of Biological Science
- Department of Geology
- Department of Mathematics/Computer Science
- Department of Pure & Applied Chemistry
12. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography/Environmental Management
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Mass communication
In addition, this programme also prepares Senior Secondary School (SS III) students and other school leavers for the NECO and WAEC Examination.
Applicants must have five '0' level credits relevant to the proposed course of study including English Language and Mathematics not more than two(2) sittings in GCE and SSCE.
Admission is open to candidates that are awaiting the release of the most recent WAEC and NECO School Certificate Examination results as well as those who have attempted and are still preparing to sit for these exams again. However, admission to Degree Programmes in the University will also depend on candidate's performance in the current JAMB.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Registration is online on our website at www.ndu.edu.ng or at www.ndu.ac starting from Friday, July 10 - Friday, October 30, 2020. The Registration Process is as follows:
- Go to any Access/Diamond Bank Branch in Nigeria.
- Pay a fee of five thousand naira (N5,000.00) only to Account Number 0016405919 and obtain a Teller-Duplicate. The University will not subsidize other charges such as bank charges.
- Proceed to the School of Pre-Degree and Basic Studies, ICT Building at the New Site and obtain admission application form at the Basic Studies Unit for your further processes.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
One Academic Year (2020/2021). Further details concerning fees payable per year and the programme structure, including the schedule of course per year can be obtained from the NDU website: www.ndu.edu.ng.
Closing date for the submission of Forms is Friday, October 30, 2020
MRS. EFFUA E. BEREPUBO, FNIM