The Chairman and Members of the Senate Committee on Primary Healthcare and Communicable Diseases cordially invite Stakeholders and the General Public to a One-day Public Hearing on the "A Bill for an Act to Repeal the Quarantine Act CAP Q2 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 and Enact the Public Health Emergency Act 2021, and for Other Related Matters 2021".
The Public Hearing is scheduled to hold as follows:
Date: Thursday, 6th May, 2021
Venue: Conference Hall 022, New Senate Building, National Assembly
Consequently, the under listed Stakeholders are expected to make presentation on the Bill at the Public Hearing:
1. The Hon. Minister, Federal Ministry of Health
2. The Executive Director, National Primary Healthcare Development Agency
3. The Director General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
4. The Director General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
5. The Director General, National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
6. World Health Organisation (WHO)
7. Nigerian Medical Association, Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD)
8. Family Health International (FHI 360)
9. Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria
10. Nigeria Governors' Forum
11. Nigerian Red Cross Society
12. NGO Partners
13. Association of Public Health Physicians of Nigeria
14. Ministry of Health of the 36 States of the Federation
Other interested persons/organizations that wish to make presentation are also invited to submit their memoranda in 25 hard copies and a soft copy on or before Thursday, 6th May, 2021 to the Committee Secretariat in Room SB 21, Red Carpet Basement, White House (Senate) National Assembly, Abuja.
Note that in adherence to COVID -19 safety guidelines, only invited stakeholders and persons/organizations that have identified with the Secretariat to make presentation are to appear at the Public Hearing and other protocols will be strictly adhered to.
For further enquiry, call the Clerk, Senate Committee on Primary Healthcare and Communicable Diseases, Mrs. Sherifat Adebisi on 08028333999
Senator Chukwuka G. Utazi
Chairman of the Committee