Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant Cardiologist
Employment Type: Full time
- The Cardiologist who reports to the Executive Director/Head of Medicine is responsible for the management of general medical patients and specifically for cardiovascular patients.
- The incumbent will be responsible for diagnosing, treating, and preventing heart and/or cardiovascular conditions through non-invasive procedures or, when necessary, surgical intervention.
- Evaluating and managing cardiac and its associated disorders.
- Referring patients to surgeons as appropriate
- Evaluating and managing general medical cases.
- Recommending and administering other services as required
- Run clinics, manage emergency and admitted patients
- Perform procedures like echocardiograms, stress test, holter tests etc
- Able to organise and coordinate the function of the cardiac suite while also assisting in the running of the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Able to appropriately prescribe the best modality of intervention as required
- Advise and assist with interventional cardiology and cardiac surgeries when needed
- Monitor patient progress pre and post-procedure
- Understudy with the interventional cardiologist with the goal of becoming proficient in these procedures
- Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals
- Run clinics, manage emergencies and admitted patients
- Administrative and audit duties
- Research and education/training
- Pursue ongoing and continuing education to stay on top of the latest research findings
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of physician or its equivalent with sub specialization in cardiology
- Years of practicing as a Cardiologist
- Extensive knowledge of modern cardiology practices and technology
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Caring and compassionate bedside manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Outstanding practical and diagnostic skills.
- Great team work spirit, management and leadership skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.