I would like to wish you all a happy 61st Independence Day Anniversary. As we enter the last quarter of 2021, I want to commend the management and staff of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria for the good work done so far and to once again restate our commitment to achieve all our objectives as set at the beginning of the year.
In the month of September 2021, six hundred and fifty-seven (657) fresh Pharmacy Graduates from the Faculties of Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences of the underlisted Universities were inducted into the Pharmacy profession:
- University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka, Anambra State
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
Please, join me in congratulating the newly inducted pharmacists into our noble profession.
The Pharmacists Council of Nigeria undertook re-accreditation visits to the Faculty of Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Borno State, and Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State in the month of September.
However, the National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the commencement of Pharmacy programme in the underlisted Universities:
- University of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Capital City University, Warama, Kano, Kano State
Furthermore, the Second Cycle Foreign Pharmacist Graduate Orientation Programme (FPGOP) which took place at University of Ilorin, Kwara State (North) and University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (South) was concluded on September 24, 2021.
Kindly note that the registration for the October 2021 Pre-Registration Examination for Pharmacists (PEP) is ongoing. The closing date for registration is October 15, 2021. Candidates who wish to register for the examination should visit pcnmcpd.com/pep for registration. The examination comes up on Saturday, October 23, 2021
The regulatory activities of the PCN targeted at sanitizing the pharmaceutical practice environment led the National Enforcement Team to visit Kano State in the month of September for enforcement activities. During the exercise, 138 Pharmacies and 399 Patent Medicine Shops were sealed for lack of compliance with various PCN regulatory provisions, while 32 compliance directives were issued to others for other minor offences.
Also, in the month of September, the PCN had an engagement meeting with Implementing Partners to sensitize them on how to effectively partner with CPs and PPMVs in selected States.
Let me reassure all colleagues that Pharmacists Council of Nigeria remains committed to ensuring provision of quality pharmaceutical services for sustainable healthcare delivery in the country.
I wish you all a very fruitful month ahead.
Yours in Service
Pharm. N. A. E. Mohammed, Ph.D, FPSN, FNIM, FPCPharm, FNAPharm