The inauguration ceremony took place in the early hours of today Wednesday 24th August, 2022 @ Nurses' House, 10 Itu/Calabar Highway, Uyo.
The Chairman of the Occasion - Comrade Uku Ekpeyong expressed delight for the fulfilment of APNON dream within the State and pledged continuous support for the specialist group at all level.
The State NANNM Chairman - Comrade Emem David charged the new leadership to be proactive, see the new assignment as a call to serve and ensure effective partnership with the mother union top the group's agenda. the State Chairman while assuring members that this year's World Mental Health would gain the support of the State council reaffirmed the efforts of the Council towards the implementation of Call duty as well as other entitlements to Mental Health Nurses and other Nursing specialists who were yet to be captured by the employer.
The newly inaugurated State Chairman of APNON, AKS - Comrade Unwana Ekpe thanked the State NANNM Council, Nursing Directorate - MOH, HMB, UUTH, LGSC, Invited Guests, APNON members, Professional colleagues and Associates, whose support both morally and financially have given the APNON leadership strength to pilot the affairs of the Association. She listed out some issues that the administration would be tackling in collaboration with the mother union to includes:
- Welfare including call duty allowance
- Capacity building
- Mental Health awareness/sensitization/Community mental Health Nursing
- Fundamental rights of Mental Health Nurses
- Collaboration in the improvement of Mental Health Nursing practice and education
- Addressing the issue of brain-drain
- Partnership and all-inclusive leadership/government
- Upholding to the code, values, ethics & discipline of the profession.
- Programmes (World Mental Health Day - 10:10).
She further appealed that her administration will welcome suggestions, opinions and contributions on how to move the Association forward.
THE NEWLY INAUGURATED INTERIM EXCOS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. CHAIRMAN - COMRADE UNWANA EKPE.
2. VICE CHAIRMAN - COMRADE ANIEDI NNANA.
3. SECRETARY - COMRADE OFONIME AKAN.
4. TREASURER - COMRADE ABASIAMA INYANG.
5. FIN. SECRETARY - COMRADE PATIENCE BENJAMIN.
6. PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER - COMRADE NKEREUWEM EYOH
7. AUDITOR 1 - COMRADE ETIMBUK JACOB.
8. AUDITOR 2 - COMRADE NNAMSO NOAH
The ceremony had in attendance the following:
The State NANNM Chairman
Members of the State NANNM Administrative Council
DNS - MOH (Rep.)
DNS - HMB (Rep.)
DNS - UUTH
DOH - LGSC (Rep.)
Chairman of the Occasion
Officials of School of Psychiatric Nursing, Eket
Head of Mental Health Nursing Dept, UUTH (Rep.)
Head of Nursing Dept. Psychiatric Hospital, Eket.
AGPNP/Professional colleagues (Nurses).