Terra Energy Services and its subsidiary companies are leading suppliers of a wide range of upstream engineering and management services including manpower supply, quality management, environmental services, facilities, project and resources management, maintenance, inspection and procurement services with distinctive capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Impact Inspector
Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion the end-to-end delivery of Health Impact Assessment in Environmental Evaluation Studies and Environmental Impact Assessments, interfacing with vendors and consultants to provide required guidance towards securing regulatory permits to drive assets and project operations.
- Design health impact assessment study plans with agreed projects or assets strategies and spearhead the reviews of health management plans for incorporation into the Environmental Management Plans.
- Develop study’s strategic techniques for delivering Health Impact Assessment studies based on impact screening outcomes for proposed projects and assets. Couple the HIA strategy into Environmental Studies Delivery plans engineered to deliver the proposed environmental studies and aligning with required asset’s source points permits. Ensuring a fit-for-purpose HIA in integrated EIAs and EES.
- Deliver all HIA in EIAs, PIAs and other special environmental studies (EER).
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the delivery of Health Management Plans as an integral part of the Environmental Management Plans for Assets and Projects.
- Initiated and spearheaded technology enhancements that will thrive busines developments using low-code smart application solutions under the Shell-DIY MS-Power Platforms as the corporate occupational health DIY Citizen developer.
- Champion the review of HIA Tools and development techniques and applications that aimed at improving the HIA in Environmental studies processes. Ensuring efficient and digitalized process, enabling transparency, data fidelity and accountability in all HIA Reports and Business Processes.
- Ensure consultants capability to execute studies and in line with current evolving regulatory provisions on environmental studies. Cascade HIA awareness to stakeholders and manage required documents for related internal/external audit and process it.
- A qualification in Public / Environmental Health related Science, Social / Environmental Science or Community Development with requisite research backgrounds and related peer-reviewed publications. Postgraduate degree in health-related field is preferable.
- Registration with a reputable accredited body of academic equivalent (IEMA, IAIA and SOPHIA with specialization on Health Impact Assessment).
- At least 4 years post qualification experience and 3 years in oil and gas industry, 3 spent in HIA-related roles.
- Has participated in and led at least 3 HIAs under a skilled leader with skills in Literature searching/review, statistics, and data analysis. Progress to a HIA skilled person through the “on-the-job” hands-on experience and Shell Open University (SOU) and External HIA-related functions.
- Skill in design and conduct of various methods of stakeholder engagements.
- Knowledge of health, safety, environment laws and regulatory policies (company, local and international) Preferably with NEBOSH qualifications.
- Knowledge in project management and competence in geographic information system with emphasis on map reading, map reviews, handling/Interpreting GPS coordinates.
- Knowledge in team building and networking. A good team player with good communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge in facilitation and negotiation skills. Powers of persuasions are essential for interfacing with regulatory authorities and ESHIA stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.